There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

2 new effects from Zynaptiq

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

2 new effects from Zynaptiq

Post by Guy Rowland »

ADAPTIVERB is a revolutionary reflectionsless reverberation plugin. Unlike traditional acoustic room modeling using reflections, ADAPTIVERB focuses on creating depth, harmonic richness, and butter-smooth harmonic tails without obscuring the source or perceptually moving it back. Built using ray tracing reverberation, adaptive similarity filtering, and a revolutionary new AI technique similar to the technology that enables self-driving cars to avoid collisions, ADAPTIVERB can create lush spaces, smooth drones, and far-out textures while optionally filtering dissonance – so it never gets in the way of your sounds.

Frustrating but intriguing Musikmesse demo:

http://www.zynaptiq.com/adaptiverb/

WORMHOLE is a new effects processing plugin for creating otherworldy sounds. WORMHOLE combines an eccentric spectral warping section with a lush reverb and precision-engineered processor that integrates pitch and frequency shifting into a single process – offering unique sonic characteristics and near-perfect side-band and carrier suppression. WORMHOLE is an indispensable tool for sound designers, film composers and and electronic musicians alike. Whether creating alien voices, surreal ambiences, space-ship drones, off-the-wall electronic instrument sounds, or other special effects, WORMHOLE delivers sounds so unearthly you’d swear they were generated from another dimension or parallel universe.

Frustrating but intriguing Musikmesse demo:

http://www.zynaptiq.com/wormhole/

Both products released Q2 2016, no word yet on pricing.

Muziksculp

Re: 2 new effects from Zynaptiq

Post by Muziksculp »

Hi Guy,

Thanks for posting about these new effects from Zynaptiq.

Oh.. This is my first post here, I'm happy to be part of this great, informative, and helpful forum community.

Technically Interesting effects from Zynaptiq, although, the noisy hall doesn't help in evaluating them, but possibly demo versions might give us a better idea of what they are like, especially when compared to convolution, and algorithmic reverbs. I also wonder how competitively priced they will be ?

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Thomas Mavian

Post by Thomas Mavian »

What I like about these guys is that they manage to think in new ways as well as deliver.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

(hello Mr Muzik!)

Yeah, those videos are really frustrating. Adaptiverb uses some similar technology to Melodyne 4 as far as I can tell, but in a different way, by extrapolating then manipulating harmonic content. And I totally agree Thomas - with each passing year my interest in another compressor with a vintage GUI wanes just that bit more. Zynaptiq is a company which genuinely innovates. Not every product I've found useful, but they're all interesting at least.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Guy Rowland wrote:(hello Mr Muzik!)

Yeah, those videos are really frustrating. Adaptiverb uses some similar technology to Melodyne 4 as far as I can tell, but in a different way, by extrapolating then manipulating harmonic content. And I totally agree Thomas - with each passing year my interest in another compressor with a vintage GUI wanes just that bit more. Zynaptiq is a company which genuinely innovates. Not every product I've found useful, but they're all interesting at least.
Hello Mr. Rowland,

I don't know much about Zynaptiq, since I don't own any of their products. So, this is a new discovery for me. I like the fact that they are more into pioneering, innovating, and pushing the tech-envelope, rather than taking us a few decades back to vintage land. ;)

It would be very interesting to hear these new plug-ins, maybe they could post a few Youtube Videos that show them in action, and how they affect various audio material. I'm all ears for better, more sophisticated Reverbs, especially for acoustic/orchestral material.

Cheers,
Muziksculp

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

The demos will be coming of course, hopefully sooner rather than later. And Zynaptiq have a good track record of downloadable demos too, just limited to 10 minutes use or something.

Definitely worth checking out other products on their site.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Guy Rowland wrote:The demos will be coming of course, hopefully sooner rather than later. And Zynaptiq have a good track record of downloadable demos too, just limited to 10 minutes use or something.

Definitely worth checking out other products on their site.
Thanks, I will check some of their other products out.

Do you use any of their plug-ins ? If Yes, which one/s ?

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I have Unveil, which was the first of the de-reverb options. At the time, quite mind-blowing but how quickly we can get used to miracles. I find now sometimes Unveil works better than iZotope's de-reverb, and sometimes the other way round. I was pretty impressed by the demo of Unchirp I have too - I'm sort of holding out for a sale on that one.

Muziksculp

Post by Muziksculp »

Guy Rowland wrote:I have Unveil, which was the first of the de-reverb options. At the time, quite mind-blowing but how quickly we can get used to miracles. I find now sometimes Unveil works better than iZotope's de-reverb, and sometimes the other way round. I was pretty impressed by the demo of Unchirp I have too - I'm sort of holding out for a sale on that one.
Interesting.

Thanks for the feedback.

Jack Weaver

Post by Jack Weaver »

The new reverb sounds (well, as far as I could tell from the noisy show floor video) quite interesting - a great take on an fx-type reverb. I look forward to the real online demos to understand how much depth it offers. The Zynaptiq boys are real propeller heads and their stuff is always good.

Their other new offering is a little too robot voice and only robot voice for me personally. I'm sure there will be some out there that find it ultimately useful.

wst3

Post by wst3 »

I have almost all the Zynaptiq plugins, only one I haven't plunked down for yet is Unmix:Drums, mostly because I haven't had a need, but when I think about it I should probably get it...

Unveil - still my go-to for reducing the negative effects of too much ambience, and really, it's brilliant at that. It can also add an interesting vibe to stuff that isn't drowning in reverb, as a kind of sound-design tool. Not every time, but when it works it is quite cool.

UnFilter - I don't think I've used this for its intended application yet, but it is a great stereo EQ. Smooth, never gets in the way... I've used it on tracks too, but mostly I use it on mixes or sub-mixes.

Morph - amazing tool, I use it a lot for sound design, but I also use it for music production - as a kind of side-chain sort of thing. It is fun!

UnChirp - I have used it to rescue poorly encoded material, but haven't found an alternate use for it yet.

All-in-all I think the folks at Zynaptiq are brilliant, and they treat their customers really well.

Jack Weaver

Post by Jack Weaver »

Hey wst3,

Yeah, I've spent some time with Unveil and found it to be useful and mostly effective. Haven't needed to purchase it yet. I've also admired Unmix from a distance. I'm attempting to limit my plugin purchases to items that I might need for specific jobs so they haven't fully entered JackWorld yet.

It'd be fun to sit down sometime with you in front of a couple DAW's and play with these things.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I forgot I have Morph too. I had the old Prosoniq version - can be amazing with the right material.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Here's a better quality demo - mono but fairly clean otherwise.

Jack Weaver

Post by Jack Weaver »

Ooo, must have Adaptiverb.

Thanks Guy, much better video. Obviously this does stuff that no other reverb does.

woodsdenis

Post by woodsdenis »

Denis (Zynaptiq) is a bit of a genius, he also coded Molekular for NI. I own and use Pitchmap a bit. Definitely worth checking out anything they do.
Thanks, Denis

Cubase 10.5, Live 10, Mac Pro 10.14.6

Jack Weaver

Post by Jack Weaver »

I mentioned Adaptiverb to Casey at Bricasti and he was saying that some of these techniques (albeit with less hardware capabilities) were used in the Ursa Major Space Station back in 1979 and are currently in the Kemper guitar amp profiler. He asked me if I wanted deeper info on the techniques - I politely begged off.

However to me it seems Denis is masterful in how he's put it altogether with great features and a very musically-useful interface. Looking forward to introductory pricing.

The Saxer

Post by The Saxer »

I probably need both :-)

Udo

Post by Udo »

I have Unveil, Pitchmap and, since recently, Moprh 2. The 2 new ones look interesting!

Although I have Kyma, which has morphing that's in a class of it's own (4 way and 3D) I bought Morph 2, partly because it's more convenient to do some things and I quite like it.

To get an idea of what Kyma tau can do, check this - shows 4 way and 3D between Tuva singer, bongo, flute, angry cat, female voice, violin, cat meow, and shakuhachi using Kyma Control on an iPad.:

Zynaptiq Morph 2 can do pseudo 4 way, but it's really A - B to B - A.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Kyma! That's like the holy grail of sound design - I know it's Ben Burtt's primary sculpting weapon, and he's God basically. Is Kyma still proprietary hardware based?

Udo

Post by Udo »

Yes, still hardware based. I have a Paca, but I just noticed they apparently stopped selling it. It's now only the Pacarana. http://www.symbolicsound.com/cgi-bin/bi ... s/Pacarana

Looks almost the same as mine, but the Pacarana is slightly deeper and has nearly twice the DSP power.

Much smaller than the old CAPYBARA-320 with all the plug-in cards, although it has an audio interface built in. The Paca(rana)s require a separate audio interface from the one used for your DAW. BTW, they can be networked.

Udo

Post by Udo »

There's a Morph 2 thread on KVR. Morph is now at v 2.1.1

https://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopi ... &start=525

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Adaptiverb is out now - $149

Piet De Ridder

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Fazynating.

_

X-bassist

Post by X-bassist »

Guy Rowland wrote:Adaptiverb is out now - $149

Really smooth swelling sustain, works well with piano, EP, strings , even percussion. I suggest people try the demo, it will pull you in. ;) The only issue is CPU- even in bypass it adds latency, so I have only one instance on an aux and feed it with a send. May need to freeze tracks until I get more than a quad core i7. Can't wait until I can add many instances and really get the most out of this.