There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Re: Omnisphere 2.5: Hardware Synth Integration and double voice architecture

Post by Guy Rowland »

Nice report Saxer, but gentle reminder those of us on the 2.5 beta are under NDA. Happy playing, and worth reporting the pop up window glitch.

GR Baumann

Post by GR Baumann »

...suppressing laughter....

The Saxer

Post by The Saxer »

I don't post crash reports here... and I don't think the software features are secrets in a public beta any more and after publishing at SuperBooth... but thanks for reminding me before I get into trouble :-)

At least after playing with one hardware synth and Omni2.5 is seems to make sense to have different synths with different architecture just as a controller. Expensive times ahead :-)

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Yeah, the little warning they give was slightly scary but also too brief in terms of detail - as you say, much of it just confirms the features in the video.

Erik

Post by Erik »

Skippy Lemkuhl has email a global apology for having shown a screenshot of Omni2.5 + I don’t remember what. It was bad, damn bad :-))
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Erik wrote: May 17, 2018 3:37 pm Skippy Lemkuhl has email a global apology for having shown a screenshot of Omni2.5 + I don’t remember what. It was bad, damn bad :-))
Ha! Well everyone has seen 2.5 in the video... so I wonder what on earth else he showed?! He and Eric are mates, so I'm sure he'll survive...

This open beta thing but not being allowed to discuss it is kinda odd. Hopefully it won't be too long til it's out for all.

Speaking of which, although I can't say how it's going or even whether or not any of it works, I am having fun creating templates in Lemur. I'm almost getting the hang of some of ut. I've pretty much done all the Roland synths, but struck out on all the others as according to the midi implementation charts they all use a different protocol other than midi ccs called NRPN. I think there's only room for 40-50 controls under the midi spec, so bigger synths need another way of communicating. I think Lemur can handle this, but I can't - beyond my level of expertise at the moment.

Erik

Post by Erik »

I’ll have to re-read your post Guy, as I thought Lemur had done all the work, not you *scratching my head*
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Not quite sure what you mean there Erik. Lemur isn't super user friendly, and I think you can do all kinds of clever things with the scripting. Even using it as I am, just faders, knobs and buttons controlling midi CCs, I've reverted to my 16 year old self (where I wasn't out learning how not to embarrass myself around girls, but rather learning machine code programming on the mighty ZX81). Variables... expressions.... yikes. But weirdly I've quite got into it.

Looking forward to being able to talk about whether or not it works...