There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Black Friday 2018

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

X-bassist

Re: Black Friday 2018

Post by X-bassist »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 25, 2018 4:34 am Oh my goodness yes - feels like a going-out-of-business firesale. That code posted by lofi works too, to get $19 (compared to their quoted RRP of $1,367). You need to not jump straight to paypal but go to the checkout page, enter the code and can then click paypal (or other payment method).

Just a heads up - you get a gazillion download links, sadly not one single one, and they say don't try to download more than one at a time as it will likely reset.

In other news, a big Shreddage sale - a bundle of Shreddage II, IBZ, SRP, Classic and 2 mystery products is up on Audio Deals for $89, rrp $526,
Code no longer works. :/ ... But perhaps it’s a good thing. I would never have time to go through 42GB of samples, and I’ve got enough retro drums and synths to last me until 2040.

I’m beginning to learn this BF that when schedules are tight (almost always in film and TV work) less choices is many times a very good thing, if the choices you have are top notch. Thank you to U-He, Spectrasonics, Addictive Drums, and all the other developers that have “made my day” many times over the last couple of years. ;)

Arcana

Post by Arcana »

Cyber Monday bargain.

Embertone's Walker D lite is on sale for only $10 this week til Friday.
https://embertone.com/

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

Thanks, Arcana. Just when I thought I was done....
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Blake Ewing

Post by Blake Ewing »

Klevgrand plug-ins are 40% off (both instruments and fx)
https://store.klevgrand.se/
Composer. Audionaut.
http://www.blakeewingmusic.com

byzantium

Post by byzantium »

Thanks Arcana, hell of a deal.
Arcana wrote: Nov 26, 2018 4:53 pm Cyber Monday bargain.
Embertone's Walker D lite is on sale for only $10 this week til Friday.
https://embertone.com/

Vitamin Dmin

Post by Vitamin Dmin »

Tanuj Tiku wrote: Nov 25, 2018 9:39 am
Lawrence wrote: Nov 24, 2018 3:32 pm
Tanuj Tiku wrote: Nov 24, 2018 11:14 am Picked up the Keep Forest bundle. Surprisingly good sounds and LOTS of useful things in there for trailer music. Some misgivings about a couple of GUI's but otherwise very content with the purchase.
Tanuj-did you get the complete bundle or one of the smaller ones?

Other than whooshes and bangs and such, what are the useful things in it? Thanks.
Yes, I got the ultimate bundle. There are lots of impacts, whooshes etc. Quality is very good!

Of course there is the usual braams etc but also lots of pluck sounds, pads and quieter sounds. Interesting piano one shots and even many playable piano type sounds - all processed. Not your usual piano but dreamy, reverb drenched, processed etc. Good collection here too. Useful.

So, it’s a good pack over all - Vikings has lots of trailer guitars + bass, not realistic so much but very much like trailer music. Usefull but less so more than others. Good drum sounds though.

What is good about the whole thing is that it is bang on in the trailer music zone. Curated very well. Some other synths can do this but this pack will save you time I think.
Tanuj or someone else, please could you tell me what's the difference between Vikings Punk Folk and AizerX Classic Trailer Toolkit?
I am a little bit confused :thinking:

As I understand, the following two are mainly for modern trailers:
AizerX Trailer SFX Designer Toolkit
AizerX Modern Designer Toolkit

Could you sort/categorize them a little?
Which one is for what?
modern trailer
classic trailer
hybrid trailer
soundtrack
score

For me it seems there is a lot of overlap ATM, no?

best regards

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Vitamin Dmin wrote: Nov 27, 2018 8:05 am
Tanuj Tiku wrote: Nov 25, 2018 9:39 am
Lawrence wrote: Nov 24, 2018 3:32 pm
Tanuj Tiku wrote: Nov 24, 2018 11:14 am Picked up the Keep Forest bundle. Surprisingly good sounds and LOTS of useful things in there for trailer music. Some misgivings about a couple of GUI's but otherwise very content with the purchase.
Tanuj-did you get the complete bundle or one of the smaller ones?

Other than whooshes and bangs and such, what are the useful things in it? Thanks.
Yes, I got the ultimate bundle. There are lots of impacts, whooshes etc. Quality is very good!

Of course there is the usual braams etc but also lots of pluck sounds, pads and quieter sounds. Interesting piano one shots and even many playable piano type sounds - all processed. Not your usual piano but dreamy, reverb drenched, processed etc. Good collection here too. Useful.

So, it’s a good pack over all - Vikings has lots of trailer guitars + bass, not realistic so much but very much like trailer music. Usefull but less so more than others. Good drum sounds though.

What is good about the whole thing is that it is bang on in the trailer music zone. Curated very well. Some other synths can do this but this pack will save you time I think.
Tanuj or someone else, please could you tell me what's the difference between Vikings Punk Folk and AizerX Classic Trailer Toolkit?
I am a little bit confused :thinking:

As I understand, the following two are mainly for modern trailers:
AizerX Trailer SFX Designer Toolkit
AizerX Modern Designer Toolkit

Could you sort/categorize them a little?
Which one is for what?
modern trailer
classic trailer
hybrid trailer
soundtrack
score

For me it seems there is a lot of overlap ATM, no?

best regards
Yes, there is an overlap for sure. I have just bought the whole bundle and so I am a new user. I like everything as I said, perhaps Vikings Metal being the least because I don't care much for those sounds. Only because I am not great at doing those sort of trailer tracks. But - every sound source is usually helpful to morph :) BUT - They did a great job of adding the Punk folk pack. It has lots of Cello phrases and rhythms which are nice. Once again, hits, pulses, bass, sonar type typical trailer sounds and tick-tocks as well.

In short, the newer stuff is better than the older ones. Evolution Dragon sounds less polished compared to Atlantica (though it still has some very good stuff!).

Evolution series is your overall package as well as classic trailer tool kit. I like Atlantica better than Dragon.

The modern trailer tool kit is more for sound design stuff - risers etc. It is not an entire package like Classic Trailer Tool kit or the evolution series. What is cool about it is how you can customize your design with the GUI. It is actually quite good. Sounds fresh and well 'Modern' :)

Here is a little QUICK video I made of Classic Trailer Tool Kit synth menu. This one has lots of different sounds which can be used outside of trailer as well.

As you can see/hear, it has a lot more sounds that can be used outside of trailer music. So, this is the general line up of libraries. Classic Trailer Tool kit, Evolution series will cover your basic needs. Pianos, resonating sounds, pulses, basses, braaams, hits, wooshes etc.

Vikings Metal - is geared towards introducing metal influence in your trailer tracks - Punk folk I have explained above as well as others.

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

One thing to keep in mind is that KF does not usually have lots of playable percussion sounds. So, if you are specifically looking for lots of percussion sounds to play, look elsewhere. However, there are lots of really nice hits, bangs, impacts.

The best thing about KF is that it is very much in the 'Trailer' zone. Most of it is very useful.

Hope this helps.

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

its finally happened. GF bought me BB, and I swung a few of my used SSD's to scrounge up for percussion.

aside from 1 or 2 expansions(timpani and maybe one of the string expansions) I've finally got B.O. <3333

Hamilton tickets were a good investment I guess XD

Vitamin Dmin

Post by Vitamin Dmin »

Thank you Tanuj.

Jaap

Post by Jaap »

@Kyle, nice man, seems like you got yourself some nice goodies then with all the Berlin stuff! Enjoy :D

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

Jaap wrote: Nov 28, 2018 2:46 am @Kyle, nice man, seems like you got yourself some nice goodies then with all the Berlin stuff! Enjoy :D
yeah pretty emotional moment tbh.

decided to switch to B.O. as the foundation for my project just before my life stumbled pretty hard. So to think something that was 1-2 months away, ended up being something I just about gave up on owning. Luckily my life is moving a long - and while not much has technically changed, im a few months into the hiring process of a decent opportunity - and between the price drop and business picking up at my current job(along with my birthday coming up) it just seemed to line up.

especially since I really needed to get Hamilton tickets for me and my gf(her birthday is just a few days after mine, and she's been wanting to see it for a while now) so I dropped the money on tickets before they sold out.... then BF comes around and I wasn't looking into picking anything up because I wanted OT stuff - and it all worked out.

that said, man - these things are pristine... im just starting a new template loading everything up routed the way I've been planning.

byzantium

Post by byzantium »

Not sure where to put this, but I paid a rare visit to VIC just now and noticed some people saying that they were getting a free gift of 8dio's 1928 piano if they purchased the 8dioOboe for $8 (I think this is today's offer but I'm not sure). Others reported buying the oboe and not getting the free piano. I decided it was worth a punt of $8 and it worked for me.

Joe_D

Post by Joe_D »

byzantium wrote: Dec 04, 2018 10:50 am Not sure where to put this, but I paid a rare visit to VIC just now and noticed some people saying that they were getting a free gift of 8dio's 1928 piano if they purchased the 8dioOboe for $8 (I think this is today's offer but I'm not sure). Others reported buying the oboe and not getting the free piano. I decided it was worth a punt of $8 and it worked for me.
I think that's not the Claire Oboe -- was interested for a minute (thinking that it was), but I think I will pass.

byzantium

Post by byzantium »

Correct, it's the older oboe. https://8dio.com/instrument/8dioboe-vst ... s-samples/
I didn't really want the oboe, but I'm pretty happy to have gotten the piano for $8.
Whether it's a random selection for the free gift or a programming glitch because they are currently offering the piano for free if you spend >$98, I don't know.

Blake Ewing

Post by Blake Ewing »

For what it's worth, I bought the Oboe and did NOT receive the piano. My account shows $900+ dollars spent with 8dio. Honestly, I only bought it for potential piano freebie, and was willing to take the $8 risk. I've got a message into support just to get definitive info, but I'm fine either way. YMMV.
Composer. Audionaut.
http://www.blakeewingmusic.com

byzantium

Post by byzantium »

Sounds like a programming error to me, which doesn't surprise me too much given it's 8dio (ouch).
I'm guessing the support message you'll get will probably just state that you need to spend $98 to get the free piano, but it may cause them to fix the glitch, seeing as I certainly haven't spent $98 there recently. I have spent a huge amount of money with them over the years though so I don't feel bad about it at all. I purchased their 1969 piano a couple of years ago and found it completely unplayable, due to wildly inconsistent velocity responses. They finally updated it in the last couple of months and it is improved, so I thought the new 1928 was worth taking a punt on.
On the VIC thread, quite a few have reported getting the free piano with the oboe, and quite a few have not, and they seem to be interspersed in time, and there doesn't seem to be much to go on, as to why some received it and some not.
There doesn't seem to be much activity there now. Maybe they fixed it, who knows.
I couldn't in good faith suggest you buy another oboe for $8 and roll the dice again! :)

Luciano Storti

Post by Luciano Storti »

Daryl wrote: Nov 22, 2018 3:04 am
Luciano Storti wrote: Nov 21, 2018 7:43 pm Odd, I’ve been seeing this same discount every time I check since they’ve released Spat Revolution. But yeah, with this price I’ll wait until support for Spat 3 officially ends.
Yes, that discount seems to have been there for ages. I'm also not spending that kind of money for an update.
Just a heads-up: Spat Revolution UPDATE is discounted by 50% until the end of the year. Price comes to just under $900...
Pale Blue Dot.
Luke