There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Cubase 10.5 released

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Cubase 10.5 released

Post by Guy Rowland »

https://new.steinberg.net/cubase/new-features/

Spectral Comparison EQ
Clean up your mix more accurately.

Video Export Render
Render videos as MP4 (H.264) with 16-bit stereo audio.

MultiTap Delay
Made for musicians with a range of inspiring creative options.

Padshop 2
Even more creative tools and sonic inspiration.

Colorized Mixer Channels
Instantly find the channels you are looking for.

Import Tracks From Project
Exchange data between projects, or create new project templates, more easily.

Combine Select Tools
Work faster with objects and ranges using one powerful tool.

Retrospective MIDI Record
Capture your MIDI input, even when you have not started recording.

The Score Editor
Powerful new features and improvements.

The Macro creation
Create Macros faster with new improved functionality.

LUFS Normalize
Choose to normalize by either dB Loudness Unit (EBU R128) or by setting dBFS Max.

Safe Start Mode
Initiate Cubase without any third-party plug-ins loaded.

Stereo Delay, De-Esser and Roomworks
New plug-ins for Cubase Elements.

Graphical Performance
Zooming and scrolling in large projects has been improved.

Workflow improvements
Many more significant workflow improvements are also included.
I've been beta testing 10.5 for some time, and it seems very stable. The big star feature for me is actually just an old one re-born, the video export. Import tracks from project improvements are welcome, and a few of the other things are nice to haves. But the best feature is:

A NEW PREFERENCE TO GET RID OF THE LOOP MODE WHEN CLICKING IN THE BAR COUNT AREA!

Personally I'd have paid £50 for that checkbox alone.

It's not an earth-shattering update, but it is solid enough. Combined with their fixing some very long standing bugs during the lifecycle of v10, ARA2 etc, I think Cubase is in a considerably better place than it was a year ago.

PS - just noticed it states that Cubase Elements now has Disabled Tracks. Pretty sure that's new, and a fine thing if so. Still no side-chaining though. Grrr.

Lawrence

Re: Cubase 10.5 released

Post by Lawrence »

This is where I’ll end up within a few months, Guy. Will you be testing it on OSX? In particular, I’d love to know your feelings about it under Mojave.
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Lawrence wrote: Nov 13, 2019 3:02 pm This is where I’ll end up within a few months, Guy. Will you be testing it on OSX? In particular, I’d love to know your feelings about it under Mojave.
I'll almost certainly update Elements on Mojave, Larry. It only gets sporadic use, and mostly fairly lightweight when it does, but I'll keep you posted.

Killiard

Post by Killiard »

Thank goodness. I don't know how many times I've accidentally turned on loop mode in the midi editor...at least 10 times a day.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Killiard wrote: Nov 14, 2019 5:10 am Thank goodness. I don't know how many times I've accidentally turned on loop mode in the midi editor...at least 10 times a day.
You and literally everyone else who ever uses Cubase...

I've just gone to buy Elements btw, and see that this is "available soon" when you go to the shop. Grrr.

Luke Johnson

Post by Luke Johnson »

Was loving Cubase 10.5 until...

I bought an Apollo Twin X interface a couple of weeks ago. Turns out it’s not compatible with 10.5 Was a bit of a pain that UA never mentioned anything on their site but after going back to Cubase 10 (and everything working fine) I’m very much looking forward to using 10.5 again.

Thank goodness the Macro section is been tweaked. I’ve been infuriated more than once when creating macros and having commands reorder themselves and not be able to just quickly switch the order of the commands like you can in 10.5

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Wow, really?! I've never heard of such a thing - a UAD interface not compatible with 10.5 but is 10.0? There's so little fundamentally changed about 10.5 (by which I mean the engine itself), I find it hard to imagine how they've managed to do it.... are they on it, Luke?

Mikeybabes

Post by Mikeybabes »

Odd - I have an Apollo Twin (original version) connected by Thunderbolt to my iMac running Catalonia - and it seems to be working just fine ......