There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

VPS Avenger 1.5 released + 50% off Black Friday sale

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

VPS Avenger 1.5 released + 50% off Black Friday sale

Post by Guy Rowland »

VPS Avenger 1.5 is out, with new analogue filters, a guitar module, a free expansion pack Synthstruments and a new copy protection system, Codemeter.

There's also a Black Friday sale of 50% off across the board (the 1.5 update is free to existing customers). There's also new expansions (and I believe Sweetwater has its 5 expansions for $140 back).

https://www.vengeance-sound.com/plugins.php

Might pay to wait a couple of days before downloading as I've seen some reports of missing files etc. Here's an install guide to the new copy protection system.

Tanuj Tiku

Re: VPS Avenger 1.5 released + 50% off Black Friday sale

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

thanks for posting this Guy, finally got VPS Avenger...!

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Tanuj Tiku wrote: Nov 29, 2019 4:00 am thanks for posting this Guy, finally got VPS Avenger...!
Yay!

FYI, I think there server is down - multiple reports of install issues with various bits and pieces, so it might pay to hold fire for a day or two til they iron it all out.

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Thanks Guy! Yes, their website seems to be broken for now. I cannot access the registration section and haven't yet got an email. Shame, I was looking forward to using it straight away in an ongoing project.

Literally thought I would get going after my break....alas....

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Gah! Tis frustrating. If I see any update on the status, I'll post it here.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

A message from Manuel at Vengeance, posted just now:
at the moment there are just too many users and customers. Its insane. So please be a bit patient with downloading
we are already setting up a 2nd downloadserver, should be all better in 3-5 hours.
They claim to have a fixed an authentication error in the first available downloads.

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Thanks Guy but its still not working properly. I have not been able to download the factory content. Though, I was able to download the plugin, authorize and install it.

The factory content download just leads to a 403 error.

Anyway, I am not holding my breath on this one, looks like a huge load on their servers.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Yes, as Manuel says above just hold fire for the mo I think. India time I guess the morning might be ok?

Arcana

Post by Arcana »

I think I'll wait a couple of days to update, til the dust have settled.

Tempted to buy a few more expansions, although I've still got 3 spare ones left from the 5 pack I bought last year.

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Guy Rowland wrote: Nov 29, 2019 9:57 am Yes, as Manuel says above just hold fire for the mo I think. India time I guess the morning might be ok?
Yes! Finally, got it working...sounds nice.

Guy, I am absolutely new to this but I was thinking of expanding on my drum samples. Should I go for Phalanx? Metrum looks like its for only kick drums. I am assuming its better to then get Phalanx, as it is a bit more complete?

Or, should I buy drum expanders for avenger? Its a bit overwhelming at the moment.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

Good news Tanuj! TBH I rarely use the Avenger drums, even though its really very capable, I find the interface kinda fiddly. I don't have Phalanx. My day to day workhorse is Battery 4, but that's only when I want to program everything myself pattern-wise in the DAW.

But my new love is definitely XO. I've been looking for something like it for years, a more interesting way to create rhythm than being stuck in a grid editor. It's an unbelievable amount of fun, and you can go from wild randomisation to very specific tweaks, with a semi-intelligent guiding hand. There's a demo available and its currently on sale, I did a little review in the OP of this thread - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3865

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

I've also downloaded 1.5 now. There's a bug where a lot of presets have the master filter set on max, so you just hear it muffled and faint. They're aware and should be a fix soon hopefully, in the meantime the master filter is the 2nd module down on the right hand side, right hand tab, just click disable. Also I have terrible trouble installing expansions, the drag and drop in Windows into Cubase is nigh-on impossible its so flaky, and the import via a file browser is currently not functioning. I resorted to doing it in Pro Tools in the end. The codemeter thing seems to work ok for me in Windows 10.

Here's the full procedure:

1. Install Codemeter, downloaded via the registration site - https://register.vps-avenger.com/
2. Download the Avenger plugin, the factory content and all expansions (existing customers need to do this afresh too for everything)
3. On https://register.vps-avenger.com/ , go to Manage Activations and follow the prompts. Add all your expansions and transfer the license to your machine.
4. Open Avenger in a DAW. It will prompt you for the factory library (you can set the location). Drag and drop the downloaded factory content.
5. Under the sys tab in the plugin, click content and drag and drop any expansions (the file browser currently does not work).

The new guitar thing is all well and good, but with only major and minor chords its use will be incredibly limited. The vintage analogue synth filters are welcome though, had fun playing around with those.

Arcana, I have a few spare expansions left too. Don't judge, I went for EDM 3 (have to do this kind of thing sometimes...), and its very good for That Sort Of Thing.

Tanuj Tiku

Post by Tanuj Tiku »

Thanks Guy, XO drums does look very nice and sounds great too!

But, for some reason I think I might go with Giest 2 from Fxpansion. Looks like a great choice over all. I have Battery 4 but need something a bit different for creating grooves.

One of these days, I want to get superior drummer 3 too!

Erik

Post by Erik »

Well, I finally bought it !
So much fun for a synth addict like me :-)
I already have the usual suspects in the guise of Omni, NI kOmplete, U-He ´s...
Got to try these new skins, as the regular one is a bit of a depressive one, at least for me. I wish too the matrix could be detached from the UI to avoid scrolling these tiny lines...
But most of the rest is intuitive to me.
"I'm using more black notes now and there are a lot of chords in the last album, too" Vince Clarke -1986