There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Synthogy Ivory 3 / German D

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Synthogy Ivory 3 / German D

Post by Piet De Ridder »

ivory_3.png

Synthogy are introducing Ivory 3, their updated virtual piano playback software, with the release of the new German D.

Ivory 3 now includes Synthogy's RGB Engine, a "powerful, expressive new technology that behaves like modeling, yet with the realism of digital sampling." The German D features "all new recordings of an exceptional German Steinway® D Concert Grand, beautifully captured in multiple microphone perspectives".

Full: US$ 279
Upgrade: $149

tack

Re: Synthogy Ivory 3 / American D (new version)

Post by tack »

Title/body should presumably read "German D" here, Piet?
- Jason

Topic author
Piet De Ridder

Re: Synthogy Ivory 3 / American D (new version)

Post by Piet De Ridder »

Oh yes, you're right, Jason. I'll correct it.

__

Lawrence

Re: Synthogy Ivory 3 / German D

Post by Lawrence »

Boy, those demos sound lifeless to me. Is it just me?
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Mikeybabes

Re: Synthogy Ivory 3 / German D

Post by Mikeybabes »

I have long been a fan of the Ivory II American Concert D (when pushed through EW Spaces) and their Upright Collection, which I use for Boogie Woogie and only time R'nRoll.

I thought the company had fallen into a deep and dreamless sleep, but it now appears I was wrong. However, I think I'll wait for some other soul to do a thorough review first.

I can get the German 3 for $ 149.00 as I have other Ivory II libraries, but I'm not exactly sort of piano libraries.....