There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

ProjectSAM: The Free Orchestra

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
Guy Rowland

ProjectSAM: The Free Orchestra

Post by Guy Rowland »

https://projectsam.com/free-orchestra/

Before anyone asks, I know nothing about it.

I remember over a decade ago, before I overcame my terror to shell out a grand for Symphobia, I got some ProjectSAM Freebies. I still use some even today, along with some lovely free CineSamples patches. They always sounded fantastic, that sonic magic was there from the start seemingly. I'd anticipate this keeping up that tradition, curious to know how much they put in there.

KyleJudkins

Re: ProjectSAM: The Free Orchestra

Post by KyleJudkins »

interesting. I'll have to check it out... I don't own any project Sam, they always seemed like a "get the job done" style company. I suppose it's probably invaluable to media composers

SirKen

Post by SirKen »

I have a feeling this will be part of a free promo for the new orchestral library. There was that teaser announcement on Twitter with the tagline "Build your own Orchestra"

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

SirKen wrote: Dec 06, 2018 2:01 pm I have a feeling this will be part of a free promo for the new orchestral library. There was that teaser announcement on Twitter with the tagline "Build your own Orchestra"
Interesting... I hadn't seen that. Good theory.

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

or maybe they'll be offering piece meal packages of their libraries?

Topic author
Guy Rowland

Post by Guy Rowland »

This definitely suggests new recordings:

soundbylaura

Post by soundbylaura »

TAKE MY MONEY!
Be an upstander.

Jaap

Post by Jaap »

soundbylaura wrote: Dec 06, 2018 4:53 pm TAKE MY MONEY!
Sure thing, I PM you my paypal :D

Lawrence

Post by Lawrence »

I think Laura meant "take my (free) money". :)
“Many musicians get paying work based on their ability to create believable orchestral simulations. Whenever musicians get paying work, that’s a Good Thing.”

L.J. Nachsin

Linos

Post by Linos »

If Project Sam is starting a range of comprehensive orchestral libraries that is very good news. Their libraries always sound glorious. The tweet and the free orchestra point toward that direction. I'm excited to see what's coming.

Quasar

Post by Quasar »

soundbylaura wrote: Dec 06, 2018 4:53 pm TAKE MY MONEY!
For real! When it comes to buying free stuff, I'm financially set for life.

Red Room Audio has set a fairly high bar IMO for free orchestral teasers. Their Palette Primary Colors - while containing only basic sus and stac strings, wind and brass ensembles - sounds lovely and is more than usable within the limitations of the package. Looking forward to checking out what PS comes out with.

bigcat1969

Post by bigcat1969 »

I'm curious and of course all for it. This might be becoming a trend and a way to catch attention and good will in a competitive marketplace. I would assume that NI is all for it too as Red Room's effort and now this require full Kontakt and add value to NI's own aging factory library. It was interesting to see Spitfire go from inexpensive instruments supporting charity to straight free instruments as a way to generate interest in their new engine.