There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Orch Tools Runs Tools-Harp Pre purchase questions about

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Topic author
1gc

Orch Tools Runs Tools-Harp Pre purchase questions about

Post by 1gc »

Hi!
I see that N.I.- Orchestral Tools have put a current sale with the Scales library included in it.
I've always been interested in their Scales tool.
However the O.T. video demo works only with recorded Triplets that are tempo synced.
I wanted ask of the forum just how customizable is the Orchestral Tools Scales engine?
If, as a gobbeldy-gook example, I wanted to run up 5 notes of a partial F Pentatonic scale in 8th notes then turn around and come down 6 notes with a B Wholetone scale in 16ths changing then to another 5 notes of the F Pentatonic but now with16th note triplets and then run back up 2 octaves and a 6th spelling out a Dalt7 #9 starting on the 3rd, with the 1st 5 notes as 16ths, the next 4 notes of the run as as 8th triplets to finish the run with straight 8th notes.
I would also want to employ dynamic crescendos and diminuendos through the process.
Could I do that in O.T. Scales engine MORE efficiently then by playing it in?
I don't own any of the Orchestral Tools libs so far.
Any input will be appreciated.
Thanks!
Merry Christmas-Happy Holidays to all out there!
g.c.

P.S.
Is the Sphere Harp the original Orch Tools Harp?
Thanks again!

KyleJudkins

Re: Orch Tools Runs Tools-Harp Pre purchase questions about

Post by KyleJudkins »

Orchestral tools harp is a new product, and is a very deeply sampled pair of harps compared to what comes in symphonic sphere

I absolutely love OT HAARP, just be aware that is a lot of system resources to spend on a harp if you don't have a lot to spare

Topic author
1gc

Post by 1gc »

Thanks for the input Kyle. Merry,merry to you!
g.c.

KyleJudkins

Post by KyleJudkins »

1gc wrote: Dec 07, 2018 9:55 pm Thanks for the input Kyle. Merry,merry to you!
g.c.
yeah out of the "top end" harps I have - berlin >>> cineharp >> spitfire harp.

cineharp is great too, but something is magic about berlin... since each accidental was sampled - something just "feels" right about it.

a C# and a Db are two different strings, and both are sampled... This largely means absolutely nothing if you don't actually write for harp, just write with a "harp patch" inwhich case I would probably go with something light on resources(although i particularly like cineharp)

but if you want to write with the real life limitations of a harp, berlin is the only one that's sampled that way as far as I'm aware... and it's two different harps, with i think 8 mic's each.

its also 42 gb worth of harddrive space for 2 harps, so again - proceed with caution

bryla

Post by bryla »

Chocolate Audio Harps are also done this way. Great harps!
Thomas Bryla

Topic author
1gc

Post by 1gc »

The cost of upgrade for Chocolate audio to there newer version of their Harp and the whole of the Sphere library aren't to far apart, so a decision---
Thanks again for the input!
g.c.