There's more than meets the eye
Register now to unlock all subforums. As a guest, your view is limited to a small part of The Sound Board.

Spitfire Audio / Trevor Horn's "Jupiter"

Industry and music tech news, deals and bargains. Anyone can view, any member can contribute.

Hywel

Re: Spitfire Audio / Trevor Horn's "Jupiter"

Post by Hywel »

I have Jupiter (Trevor Horn's involvement sold it for me). My problem is is that it "shares" Solar with their other Mercury library. Not a problem you may say until you come to use one or other of them...

The browser functionality within Solar with both Mercury and Jupiter libraries installed is complicated when you want to audition alternative patches or sound sources for the eDNA engine.

The following applies to the search browser functionality for selection of samples in the A and the B channels but I have similar issues with the main instrument browsing selector.

1. When opening the browser, the pick list of items on the RHS takes a long while to load and it is often not clear what library I am looking at - Mercury or Jupiter.

2. The category search functions (filters, instrument, types) on the LHS of the browser window now with Mercury and Jupiter present are so cluttered and bunched up requiring scrolling through endlessly.

3. The category selection (filters, instrument, types) also don’t seem to narrow the bowser selection any either allowing for a huge pick list of similarly named samples

When I had just Mercury it didn't seem so bad but the two together is just so complicated and unfriendly that I reach for something else instead to play with instead.